9.09.2012

Home-making

Sometimes I obsess over the thought 
of a beautifully decorated home.
'One day' I remind myself.... One day....

And then I get to work, pinning all of my latest 
"must haves" 
that I find floating around in cyber space. 
(While wearing my make-believe shirt that says,
 "I loved Pinterest before it was cool...")

Something good did come out of my latest hankering to have 
a picture-perfect house, though... 
that is a little project we like to call "Dresser re-vamp 101." 
Okay, we don't like to call it that. 
In fact, we have never called it that. 
I just thought it would sound nicer than calling it our, 
"why-the-heck-did-we-decide-to-take-this-on-in-the-middle-of-september-rather-than-starting-in-june" project. 
But whatever. 

It'll all be worth it in the end.... right? 
(Those were my never-ending words to the husband (and myself) during our 2 hour sanding sesh yesterday.... especially at the point when it had, in fact, been 2 hours and we were not even close to being halfway done. hmm.)

If life goes perfectly, 
we will have a DIY'd dresser by next September. 
(As you can see, 
my perfect life includes plenty of room for procrastination...)

As for now, here's what yesterday looked like...

  {And I can just imagine the excitement you must be feeling 
as you look at this oh-so-exciting picture.
You're welcome.}

Aside from a new dresser, 
I am also currently obsessing over these things:


Just as soon as I find the perfect mirror, 
this little beauty will be the Mulford family's newest addition!




And you can bet your bottom I would have already bought this 
$25 (twenty-five. that's it!) distressed pitcher, 
If it weren't for the big fat 
"Sold Out" 
that I found plastered across it. 
*frown*







If you are looking to flatter me 
(you know, because imitation is the highest form of flattery...), 
you can purchase any of these items 
(except for the antiqued mirror, which can be found here)

 Enjoy!


3 comments:

amanda said...

omg I love one kings lane. the foundary is pretty great too.

Abby said...

You are the cutest! I'm excited to see the finished product. I have been too nervous to try this - so you'll have to post how it went!

Coup n' Kal said...

lol, can't wait to see your finished products! You have such cute style