10.26.2011

murder she wrote

As of late, when someone approaches me with the "so, how was your weekend?" inquiry, I find myself racking my brain to think of something even remotely interesting to say.
BUT. This last Monday, that problem did not persist!

My cute friend Sadey and I came up with the idea to throw a murder mystery party a couple months back and I'm happy to report that this last weekend, we went through with the idea!

It took a lot of time and planning, but was all worth it in the end. It was so much fun to have such great friends over at my home! :)

We went with the 1920's theme. 
Sadey, being the little crafter that she is, made these cute things:


Everyone was assigned a character and was required to act their part throughout the entire night. Needless to say, none of us are very brushed up on our Chicagan! I think Jake changed cities at least 15 times!



MS SILKY
&
ERNIE G. AMBLER
                                                                                 

The "goi-jus" lady suspects ;)

The handsome gents!


Love these pretty ladies!


Artichoke dip
aka: Frankin' Brains!
                        
 
 Pumpkin soup in a pumpkin,
alongside fried gremlin ears and ogre eyeballs...
More commonly known as tortellini and meatballs!

The Bar



I found the coolest martini glasses 
and spooky wine glasses at the D.I.


We all had such a great time,
and I can't wait for the next excuse 
to throw another shin-dig like this!



Until then, "yous guys" better watch your back...
The murderer?
Yours truly. :)


Happy Halloween!


4 comments:

Abby said...

Oooohh my gosh you look fabulous!!!! I love it! Especially the "yours truly" pic :). What a fun party!

Mommy said...

what? You don't remember how to speak chicAgan? :) You should've just called clArk and asked him. bahaha. Looks way fun!

Kelcey said...

Steph! This is awesome! I've wanted to do it for years but have never been clever enough to come up with how to go about doing it. Did you guys find a murder mystery thing to use or did you make up the story/characters/etc.? Did you and Sadey know who the murderer was or how did you keep it a secret? Way cool!

Coup n' Kal said...

This is pretty much amazing!!! The pictures turned out awesome!!! I can hear 1920's music playing in the background as I look at them ;).