8.26.2012

I am.

I am a wife.
I am a daughter.
I am a sister.
I am a friend.
I am a realist.
I am a college student.
I am a lover of learning.
I am a pianist.
I am a (closet) singer.
I am a cook.
I am a reader.
I am a writer.

And I'm a Mormon.

 
Ha. I've been watching too many of those Mormon ads, 
or something!
But seriously... today I feel as if belting those words 
from the rooftops... "I am a Mormon!"
Because I feel so proud of the fact 
and am happy to have that blessing in my life!!

I often wonder where I would be if I didn't have the direction of the gospel to guide me through this journey we call life. Jake and I were talking about this the other day with some of our friends, and the conversation went a little something like this...

Friends: We'd be wine connoisseurs--traveling the world, 
and drinking the best of wines.
Steph: Me too... mostly because I love cheese. :)
Jake: Yeah... not gonna lie... If I wasn't LDS, I'd be one of those chubby guys that is at every college party who wears the stupid beer hat with the straws coming out of it and says really inappropriate things!

Ha ha! Can you picture it? Hilarious.

And we joke about these things, but when it comes right down to it, I would rather be nobody else, than a member of 

I am grateful to know that on the day that my husband and I decided to officially tie the knot, we were not given the assurance, "til death do you part" but were instead promised that we would live together forever, however long that may be. 
A handsome dude who constantly makes me laugh, 
stuck to my side forever
I'm in!

And I also love the fact that the day when I get to hold a tiny little baby in my arms and look down at it, knowing it's mine, that I can also know that it is mine, even after we die. 
I look forward to this day with so much excitement! 
I can't even wait! 
(No, this is not an announcement.)

Of all the truths of the gospel, the knowledge that I will live together with my family and with God forever, in a beautiful place (I'm picturing 75 degrees with orangeish/reddish sunsets every single night!) is the one that brings the most peace to my mind.

I am forever grateful for the blessings of the gospel in my life and I wish that every single person could feel the joy I feel, 
knowing that there is a God and that he loves us 
and knows who we are and what we need.
 
I am a wife,
a friend,
a cook,
a writer,

and a Mormon.

Who are you?



1 comment:

The Behunins said...

Steph, love this post! You are darling! I love reading your blog, it always puts a smile on my face and lifts my spirits.